Marriott has co-branded credit cards issued by both American Express and Chase, and we frequently see good offers for new cardmembers. A new offer has just been rolled out for new members on one of the most popular consumer cards.
Three Free Nights (up to 50k each)
The Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card is offering a significantly improved welcome bonus that consists of two parts:
- Earn three free night awards (each valid for a night costing up to 50,000 points, and valid for 12 months from when they’re issued) after spending $3,000 within three months
- Earn 10x total points per dollar spent on the first $2,500 in combined purchases at gas stations, restaurants, and grocery stores, within the first six months of account opening; since I value Bonvoy points at ~0.7 cents each, that’s like a 7% return on those purchases, which is awesome
As you can see, the three free night certificates are potentially worth up to 150,000 Bonvoy points (though don’t give you as much flexibility as outright getting the points), while you could earn up to 25,000 Bonvoy points for $2,500 of spending with the other part of the bonus.
Perks that make the Bonvoy Boundless Card worth it
Not only is the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Card offering a great bonus, but there are plenty of reasons you’ll want to keep this $95 annual fee card long term. Iâd say the annual fee is easy to justify based on the following three benefits alone:
- An annual free night certificate worth up to 35,000 Bonvoy points
- 15 elite nights towards Bonvoy status annually
- Complimentary Silver status
The annual free night certificate can easily be used as many hotels that cost way more than $95 per night, so for most people that alone will more than make this card worth keeping.
The ability to earn Marriott elite nights with credit cards makes it significantly easier to earn Bonvoy Platinum status â if you get a personal and business Marriott Bonvoy credit card, you could earn up to 30 elite nights towards status every year, which is huge.
The Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Card is offering a huge new welcome bonus that includes three free night awards (each valid at a property costing up to 50,000 points per night) plus 10x points in select categories. Not only that, but this is a card that can be worth holding onto long term, given the ongoing perks that will more than justify the $95 annual fee for many.
If you don’t yet have this card and are eligible, I’d seriously consider getting this card.
Anyone plan on picking up the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Card with this bonus?