Update: This offer for the Citi ThankYou® Premier Card has expired. Learn more about the current offers here.
In the interest of full disclosure, One Mile At A Time earns a referral bonus for anyone that’s approved through some of the below links. These are the best publicly available offers that we have found for each card. Please check out our advertiser policy for further details about the partners we work with. Thanks for your support!
In mid-February I first wrote about how Daily Getaways will be returning this year. For those of you not familiar, Daily Getaways is a promotion, sponsored by the US Travel Association, which has been offered annually since 2011 to encourage US tourism.
The promotion consists of all kinds of travel packages, including offers on car rentals, hotel stays, loyalty program points, and theme park admission. A few weeks ago I shared a preview of the promotions that are available this year, and now we’ve already seen a couple of weeks of these promotions, including opportunities to purchase discounted Choice Privileges points, IHG Rewards Club points, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards points, and more.
Like most Daily Getaways packages, this one won’t be for everyone, though I do think there’s value to be had. There are six types of packages available here, each for two nights at certain Loews properties. If you buy one of these packages, you can stay between June 1, 2018, and June 30, 2019.
The packages available for sale are as follows (if you click on the below links you can see all the details):
- Luxury Loews Hotel — 2 Nights for $275 (20 available)
- Luxury Loews Resort — 2 Nights for $325 (20 available)
- Ocean View Suite at Loews Santa Monica — 2 Nights for $950 (2 available)
- Suite at Loews Regency New York City — 2 Nights for $1,000 (5 available)
- Ocean View Suite at Loews Miami Beach — 2 Nights for $1,200 (5 available)
- Bridge-to-Bridge Suite at Loews San Francisco — 2 Nights for $1,300 (2 available)
Four of the six packages are for specific suites at specific hotels.
The “Luxury Loews Hotel” package can be used for any of the following properties:
- Loews Annapolis Hotel, Annapolis, MD
- Loews Atlanta Hotel, Atlanta, GA
- Loews Boston Hotel Hotel, Boston, MA
- Loews Chicago Downtown Hotel, Chicago, IL
- Loews Chicago O’Hare Hotel, Rosemont, IL
- Loews Hollywood Hotel, Hollywood, CA
- Loews Minneapolis Hotel, Minneapolis, MN
- Loews New Orleans Hotel, New Orleans, LA
- Loews Philadelphia Hotel, Philadelphia, PA
- Loews Regency New York Hotel, New York, NY
- Loews San Francisco Regency Hotel, San Francisco, CA
- Loews Santa Monica Hotel, Santa Monica, CA
- Hotel 1000 Seattle, Seattle, WA
- Loews Vanderbilt Hotel, Nashville, TN
- Loews Ventana Canyon, Tucson, AZ
- Loews Hotel Vogue, Montreal, Canada
This is basically an opportunity to book the above hotels for $137.50 per night including taxes, which is a steal in many cases.
Hotel 1000 Seattle
The “Luxury Loews Resorts” package can be used at the following properties:
- Loews Miami Beach Resort, Miami Beach, FL
- Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando®
- Loews Coronado Bay Resort, Coronado Bay, CA
In almost all cases this represents significant savings over the retail cost of a stay, assuming you’re not traveling in the complete off-season.
Lastly, remember that Daily Getaways purchases should be coded as travel, so if you do make a purchase you’ll want to do so with a card like the Chase Sapphire Reserve® (3x points), Citi ThankYou® Premier Card (3x points), or Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card (2x points). Personally I value Ultimate Rewards points at 1.7 cents each, so using the Sapphire Reserve would be like getting a 5.1% “return” on spend.
While this is a niche deal, I do think there are some great deals to be had here. Staying at a property like the Hotel 1000 in Seattle for $137.50 per night in summer is an exceptional deal. Similarly, if you were willing to pay cash for some of these suites, the package costs are significantly lower than the retail costs. However, keep in mind that these certificates are only valid for 13 months, so I wouldn’t buy them without a specific stay in mind.
Does anyone plan on buying one of these Loews hotel packages?