Cathay Pacific has just launched a “Black Friday” sale that has the potential to be pretty lucrative. You can save $1,000 off the cost of a business class ticket or $500 off the cost of a premium economy ticket when you use promotion code HOLIDAY.
Here are the basic terms of this offer:
- Sale dates: November 19-27, 2018
- Travel dates: January 1 through May 15, 2019
- Eligible origins: SFO, LAX, ORD, JFK, EWR, BOS, SEA, IAD
- Eligible destinations: All of Asia on Cathay Pacific operated flights
- Length of stay requirements: no minimum stay, six month maximum stay for business class, three month maximum stay for premium economy
The promo page has a listing of some of the better fares that are available.
For example, the best deal in business class is that you can fly roundtrip from Seattle to Shanghai (via Hong Kong) for $2,338. Meanwhile the cheapest premium economy fare is from San Francisco to Hong Kong (nonstop) for $773.
Cathay Pacific’s A350 business class
If you choose to credit these flights to American AAdvantage, you’d earn the following number of miles (as you can see, all premium economy and business class fares earn 150% elite qualifying miles):
While these still aren’t the best fares we’ve seen in history, there are some solid deals to be had here for travel on Cathay Pacific, which doesn’t discount their fares as much as many mainland Chinese carriers do.
Nonetheless they have a solid product, and this is also a great way to earn miles with oneworld airlines.
Anyone plan to take advantage of Cathay Pacific’s “Black Friday” sale?