Update: This offer for Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card has expired. Learn more about the current offers here.
The Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card is a solid travel card that offers two miles per dollar spent with no caps. Each mile can be redeemed for one cent towards the cost of a travel purchase, effectively meaning you’re getting two cents of travel for every dollar spent.
This card now has a big new welcome bonus of 75,000 miles after spending $5,000 within the first three months (you may need to open your browser incognito to see the offer, as it’s just being loaded). This isn’t a OMAAT link, but rather I want to share the best offer out there, directly from the Capital One site.
Those 75,000 miles can be redeemed for $750 worth of travel. This is marketed as a limited time offer, though no end date has been published.
The card continues to have a $95 annual fee which is waived for the first year.
On top of that, the card comes with some other great perks that make it worthwhile, including:
- 10x miles per dollar spent at hotels.com/venture
- No foreign transaction fees
- A TSA Pre-Check or Global Entry fee credit once every four years
When it comes to redeeming Capital One Venture miles towards travel, the process is really easy:
- You can redeem them for past travel purchases using Purchase Eraser, where you can simply make an eligible travel booking using your card, and then you can go online after the fact and use your miles to pay for it within 90 days of the date of purchase; your credit will be applied to your account within 2-3 days
- You can book a travel reservation through capitalone.com or book by phone, and each mile can be redeemed for one cent towards the cost of a travel purchase
Eligible travel purchases include purchases made from airlines, hotels, rail lines, car rental agencies, limousine services, bus lines, cruise lines, taxi cabs, travel agents, and time shares.
The new 75,000 mile welcome bonus on the Capital One Venture Card is excellent, so I’d seriously recommend considering the card if you don’t yet have it. Those miles are enough to get you $750 worth of travel, and the card also offers other great perks that will help offset the annual fee after the first year.