Update: This offer for the Hilton Honors Ascend Card from American Express has expired. Learn more about the current offers here.
Today some updates have been announced to American Express’ Hilton card portfolio. Before you get worried, don’t. These changes are very minor.
Hilton Honors Ascend Card being rebranded
- Hilton Honors Gold status for as long as you have the card
- Hilton Honors Diamond status when you spend $40,000 on the card in a calendar year
- An anniversary weekend night reward when you spend $15,000 on the card in a calendar year
- 10 complimentary Priority Pass visits per year
- No foreign transaction fees
As of July 18, 2019, the Ascend Card will be rebranded as the Hilton Honors American Express Surpass Card.
What’s interesting is that this is what the card used to be known as — in early 2018 the Surpass was rebranded as the Aspire.
While Amex and Hilton aren’t providing a reason for this change, my guess is that they’re rebranding it because the name caused confusion. Two of Amex’s personal cards are the Ascend and Aspire, and my guess is that they just sounded too similar to many people. Or I could be completely wrong…
Hilton Honors Aspire Card benefit changes
- Hilton Honors Diamond status for as long as you have the card
- A weekend night reward every year, including the year you open the card
- A $250 annual statement credit for purchases at participating Hilton resorts
- A $250 Airline Fee Credit
- A Priority Pass Select membership with the ability to bring in up to two guests
As of August 1, 2019, the Aspire Card’s $250 resort statement credit will no longer work on advance purchase rates. Every year cardmembers get a $250 statement credit for resorts, so now it only works on flexible rates as well as for any incidentals.
These are very minor changes — the Ascend Card’s name is changing, and one minor aspect of one benefit on the Aspire Card is changing. To me, the Aspire Card is too good to be true, so I’m happy to see that nothing major is being changed about that card.
Non-Affiliate Product Disclaimer: The information for the Hilton Honors Aspire Card has been collected independently by One Mile at a Time. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
The following links will direct you to the rates and fees for mentioned American Express Cards. These include: Hilton Honors American Express Ascend Card (Rates & Fees).