In general, I love Amex’s portfolio of cards earning Membership Rewards points, though probably the card I see the least value in is the Business Green Rewards Card from American Express. Well, this card now has a nice welcome bonus, which is at least worth mentioning. Let’s take a look at the details.
Amex Business Green Rewards Card Basics & Bonus
The Business Green Rewards Card has a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
With the card’s welcome bonus you can earn 25,000 bonus Membership Rewards points after spending $3,000 within the first three months.
Beyond the initial bonus, the card offers the following return on spending:
- 2x Membership Rewards points for each dollar of eligible purchases made when booking on the American Express Travel website
- 1x Membership Rewards points on all other purchases
I Like The Blue Business Plus Card More
In general, I see what American Express is going for with the Green Rewards Card. They want a mid-range business card earning Membership Rewards points that has an annual fee, but not a very high one. On the surface, this makes sense, as a $95 annual fee is quite reasonable.
The problem is that there’s also the exceptional Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express. The card has no annual fee and offers 2x Membership Rewards points on the first $50,000 spent annually, and 1x points on other purchases.
That card seems superior in just about every way, in my opinion.
The Gold Standard $95 Annual Fee Business Card
When it comes to $95 annual fee business cards you really can’t compete with the Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card. This incredible card has a welcome bonus of 100,000 Ultimate Rewards points after spending $15,000 within three months.
The card also offers 3x points on the first $150,000 spent on combined purchases every cardmember year in the following categories:
- Shipping purchases
- Internet, cable, and phone services
- Advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines
You can also complement that with the other no annual fee cards earning Ultimate Rewards points.
The Business Green Rewards Card has a nice welcome bonus, though to me this card doesn’t have much appeal. I’d much rather:
- Get the Blue Business Plus Card, which has no annual fee and offers 2x Membership Rewards points on the first $50,000 spent every calendar year
- Get the Ink Business Preferred, which I consider to be much better-rounded
Does anyone see value in the Amex Green Business Card?