In late 2017 we saw the introduction of the AAdvantage Aviator Mastercard from Barclays. This is the business version of the AAdvantage Aviator Red Mastercard.
Well, Barclays has just brought back their best ever welcome bonus on this card.
Historically the card’s welcome bonus fluctuated between 40,000 and 60,000 miles after making a single purchase, and then this spring the bonus was for up to 75,000 miles. That offer has now returned.
New 75K Bonus On AAdvantage Aviator Business Mastercard
The AAdvantage Aviator Business Mastercard now has a welcome bonus of up to 75,000 AAdvantage miles, structured as follows:
- 65,000 bonus miles after spending $1,000 within 90 days
- 10,000 bonus miles after a purchase is made on an employee card (you have to add an employee card within 30 days of account opening, and make the purchase within 90 days of account opening
The card also has a $95 annual fee that isn’t waived the first year. This is a limited-time offer, though an end date has yet to be published.
This card also has some great perks that could make it worth holding onto, including:
- A $99 companion certificate on your account anniversary, when you spend $30,000 or more on eligible purchases during the year
- 2x miles on eligible American Airlines purchases, as well as office supply, telecom, and car rental purchases
- Annual 5% AAdvantage mileage bonus, earned on your account anniversary date every year and based on the total number of miles earned
- First checked bag free for you and up to four companions when traveling on domestic itineraries operated by American
- Preferred boarding for you and up to four companions when traveling on American
- 3,000 elite qualifying dollars when you spend $25,000 on purchases each calendar year
- 25% savings on inflight purchases of food & beverages
- No foreign transaction fees
One advantage of applying for business cards is that the applications generally shouldn’t count as new cards for the purposes of the 5/24 rule. So you can potentially apply for this card and not have it show as a new card on your personal credit report.
American has co-brand credit cards issued by both Barclays and Citi, so keep in mind there are several other good bonuses as well. See this post for the best credit cards for earning American miles.
It’s great to see the return of the best-ever welcome bonus on Barclays’ co-branded AAdvantage business card. 75,000 miles is an excellent bonus, especially given the reasonable minimum spend requirement.
Do you plan on picking up the AAdvantage Aviator Business Mastercard with the bonus of up to 75K?
(Tip of the hat to Doctor Of Credit)