In the interest of full disclosure, One Mile At A Time earns a referral bonus for anyone that’s approved through some of the below links. These are the best publicly available offers that we have found for each card. Please check out our advertiser policy for further details about the partners we work with. Thanks for your support!
Last November we saw the introduction of the new AAdvantage Aviator Business Mastercard from Barclays. This is the business version of the AAdvantage Aviator Red Mastercard.
At the time the card had a welcome bonus of 40,000 AAdvantage miles after making the first purchase and paying the $95 annual fee. Then in May they introduced a bonus of 50,000 AAdvantage miles with the same spend requirement.
It now gets even better!
New 60K bonus on AAdvantage Aviator Business Mastercard
The AAdvantage Aviator Business Mastercard now has a welcome bonus of 60,000 AAdvantage miles after making a single purchase and paying the $95 annual fee. This is a phenomenal bonus. I imagine this is limited time, though no end date has been published yet.
This card also has some great perks that could make it worth holding onto, including:
- A $99 companion certificate on your account anniversary, when you spend $30,000 or more on eligible purchases during the year
- 2x miles on eligible American Airlines purchases, as well as office supply, telecom, and car rental purchases
- Annual 5% AAdvantage mileage bonus, earned on your account anniversary date every year and based on the total number of miles earned
- First checked bag free for you and up to four companions when traveling on domestic itineraries operated by American
- Preferred boarding for you and up to four companions when traveling on American
- 3,000 elite qualifying dollars when you spend $25,000 on purchases each calendar year
- 25% savings on inflight purchases of food & beverages
- No foreign transaction fees
One advantage of applying for business cards is that the applications generally shouldn’t count as new cards for the purposes of the 5/24 rule. So you can potentially apply for this card and not have it show as a new card on your personal credit report.
Citi AAdvantage Cards are offering great bonuses as well
It’s not just this Barclays business card that has a great welcome bonus, as the co-branded Citi AAdvantage cards have generous bonuses as well:
- The Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite™ Mastercard® is offering a welcome bonus of 50,000 AAdvantage miles after making $3,000 of purchases within the first three months; $99 annual fee, waived for the first 12 months
- The CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Mastercard® is offering a welcome bonus of 70,000 AAdvantage miles after making $4,000 of purchases within the first four months; $99 annual fee, waived for the first 12 months
- The Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard® is offering a welcome bonus of 75,000 AAdvantage miles after making $7,500 of purchases within the first three months; the card has a $450 annual fee
We’ve now gone from a welcome bonus of 40,000 miles, to 50,000 miles, to 60,000 miles. This is now an exceptional welcome bonus, especially since you receive the bonus after your first purchase and paying the annual fee.
For example, you could apply for the AAdvantage Aviator Business Mastercard and CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Mastercard® and receive 130K bonus miles upon completing minimum spend.
Do you plan on picking up the AAdvantage Aviator Business Mastercard with the 60K bonus?
(Tip of the hat to Doctor Of Credit)