In late 2017 we saw the introduction of the AAdvantage Aviator Mastercard from Barclays. This is the business version of the AAdvantage Aviator Red Mastercard.
The card’s welcome bonus seems to fluctuate between 40,000 and 60,000 miles after making a single purchase, and right now the card once again has its best ever welcome bonus (which we last saw in summer 2018).
New 60K bonus on AAdvantage Aviator Business Mastercard
The AAdvantage Aviator Business Mastercard now has a welcome bonus of 60,000 AAdvantage miles after making $1,000 in purchases within the first 90 days, and paying the $95 annual fee. This is a phenomenal bonus. This is limited time, though no end date has been published yet.
This card also has some great perks that could make it worth holding onto, including:
- A $99 companion certificate on your account anniversary, when you spend $30,000 or more on eligible purchases during the year
- 2x miles on eligible American Airlines purchases, as well as office supply, telecom, and car rental purchases
- Annual 5% AAdvantage mileage bonus, earned on your account anniversary date every year and based on the total number of miles earned
- First checked bag free for you and up to four companions when traveling on domestic itineraries operated by American
- Preferred boarding for you and up to four companions when traveling on American
- 3,000 elite qualifying dollars when you spend $25,000 on purchases each calendar year
- 25% savings on inflight purchases of food & beverages
- No foreign transaction fees
One advantage of applying for business cards is that the applications generally shouldn’t count as new cards for the purposes of the 5/24 rule. So you can potentially apply for this card and not have it show as a new card on your personal credit report.
The Aviator Red Mastercard is also offering a 60K bonus
Since late January, the personal version of the card, the AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard, is offering a bonus of 60,000 AAdvantage miles after making a single purchase within 90 days of account opening. The card has a $95 annual fee, which isn’t waived the first year.
On top of that, American also has co-branded Citi cards, some of which have good bonuses as well.
It’s great to see a return of the best-ever welcome bonus on Barclays’ co-branded AAdvantage business cards. 60,000 miles is an excellent bonus, especially given the reasonable minimum spend requirement.
Do you plan on picking up the AAdvantage Aviator Business Mastercard with the 60K bonus?